Monday, June 11, 2012

3 Retro DIY Projects

One of many things I love about Brookland is the old homes.  Century-old dutch-colonials and craftsman-style bungalows abound in this neighborhood.  Today, I bring you three great retro DIY projects to keep that vintage charm while bringing something new into your home:

The first project comes via Stars for Streetlights.  I love the way this suitcase table looks.  Of course, it also offers storage (it is, after all, a suitcase.)  Step one is to find an old suitcase, so start scavenging the Florida Avenue Market this weekend. 

The second project, courtesy of Apartment Therapy, is a collection of methods for making your own Botanical prints.  I was really impressed by the method using your own pressed plants, especially if you could find something notable at the monastery or some other conversation-starting garden. 

And finally, Instrucables brings a really cool homemade "mad scientists light."  If I can get over my fear of electricity, I might take this one on over the weekend.  The dimmable bulbs would definitely add some atmosphere to an evening glass of wine. 

If you take any of these on, please let me know.  I'd love to hear about your success!

No comments:

Post a Comment