Friday, March 16, 2012

Retail Review: 12th St CVS


What is there to say about CVS? Their selection and prices are pretty standard, and whether you need to fill a prescription, pick up some toiletries, or grab a few household items, you can do that here. That said, this location does stand out, but for all the wrong reasons. I have been there at least ten times to fill or re-fill a prescription. Each time, it was called in ahead and I use a major insurance carrier. I have never had a prescription ready when I arrived. In fact, each time I had to speak to a manager, make a few phone calls, or jump through some other hoop to get my medicine. If you are filling a prescription here, budget at least an hour.
The checkout is more disappointing. It is rare to see all self-checkouts functioning and the cashiers are remarkably slow.
All of this could be tolerated if there were any semblance of friendliness or even basic courtesy by any of the staff, but I think you’ll be impressed at their lack of manners.
There should be a new pharmacy opening up at Rhode Island Row, I think it will be worth the walk.

The store is open 7 days a week, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment