Friday, March 9, 2012

Retail Review: Yes! Organic Market


As the retail offerings in Brookland increase, I’m always surprised that seemingly every conversation about the latest development seems to include at least one person who says, "I just hope we get a grocery store." While I’m all for more options, we already have a great neighborhood grocery. 
Yes! Organic Market is located at 3809 12th Street NE. One of the first things I noticed is parking. I’ve never had a visit where I couldn’t find a spot in their lot. This is a big plus for me - I know I’m not the only one who’s spent a Saturday circling the lot of Silver Spring Whole Foods looking for a place to park. The employees are knowledgeable and friendly, and the checkout is quick. (I’ll refrain from a comparison with the Giant on Rhode Island.) 
There is an excellent selection of beer and wine, great prepared foods, and more bulk foods than you would expect in a store this size.
You might expect to pay a premium at a small, organic market - and you do here. The produce doesn’t impress. The aisles are narrow, and the store can seem cramped, but it is very a pleasant place to shop.
Sun 9 a.m. - 8 a.m.
Mon-Sat 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.

(202) 832-7715

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment